Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Grammar Basics: Unit 30 – might and may (Solutions)

Exercises:

Use the given words to respond to the following questions, using the phrase “I don’t know / I’m not sure. I (He, They, etc.) might…”

Example:

What are you doing this afternoon? (store) ==> I don’t know. I might go to the store this afternoon.

Where is Tom going for vacation? (Florida) ==> I’m not sure. He might go to Florida.


  1. What are you going to eat for lunch? ==> I’m not sure. I might have soup or salad.
  2. Is Mary coming to the party? ==> I don’t know. She might have to work.
  3. When are you going to go to the library? ==> I don’t know. I might go after class.
  4. Did Bill and Jane name their new baby yet? ==> I’m not sure. They might have named him James.
  5. What’s the weather supposed to be like tomorrow? ==> I’m not sure. It might rain.
  6. Where is Mark going to college? ==> I don’t know. He might be going to the University of Illinois.
  7. Does Sally have any pets? ==> I’m not sure. She might have a cat.
  8. What color is Jill’s car? ==> I don’t know. It might be blue.
  9. How many books do the kids have to read for the summer program? ==> I’m not sure. They might have to read 15 books.
  10. Where would you like to go on your dream vacation? ==> I don’t know. I might like to go to Switzerland.
  11. How old is John’s son? ==> I don’t know. He might be six.
  12. Where did Tom and Susan move to? ==> I’m not sure. They might have moved to Colorado.
  13. Is there butter or margarine in this cookie recipe? ==> I’m not sure. It might be butter.
  14. Where does Jim work? ==> I don’t know. He might be a salesman for a manufacturing company.
  15. How fast can Tina type? ==> I’m not sure. She might type as fast as 80 words per minute.
  16. Where are the newlyweds going for their honeymoon? ==> I’m not sure. They might go to Hawaii.
  17. Who is the greatest basketball player? ==> I don’t know. It might be Michael Jordan.
  18. What present are you going to give your mother for her birthday? ==> I’m not sure. I might get her a box of chocolates.
  19. What is the name of Barbara’s older son? ==> I don’t know. It might be Christopher.
  20. Who’s calling on the phone? ==> I’m not sure. It might be the doctor’s office.

No comments: