Exercise: In the following sentences, choose either “will” or “going to” to make an appropriate sentence.
I’m tired, so I think I (will / am going to) go to bed. ==>
I’m tired, so I think I will go to bed.
A: What are you doing tomorrow night?
B: We (will / are going to) go out for dinner and watch a movie. ==>
We are going to out for a dinner and watch a movie.
1. It snowed a lot overnight. I will shovel the driveway before I go to work.
A: I have a ton of work to do.
B: That’s all right. We will help you.
3. I’m confused. I think I will ask Sam to explain these instructions to me.
A: Have you done your homework yet?
B: No, I will do it later, I think.
5. I’m tired. I think I will skip exercising today.
A: Are you going to do anything this weekend?
B: No, I am going to stay home and get caught up on my reading.
7. Someone’s at the door. Will you answer it?
A: What are you doing after lunch?
B: I am going to go ice skating. Want to come?
9. Mother likes flowers, so I think we will get her a colorful bouquet for her birthday.
A: This room’s a mess.
B: Don’t worry – I will clean it up.
11. Do you know how expensive that wine is? If we buy that for the party, it will cost a fortune!
A: We’re having a potluck this Saturday.
B: Okay. I will bring a salad.
13. I’ve finished reading my library books. I think I will return then and get some more.
A: Why are you baking so many cookies?
B: I am going to gift wrap plates of cookie and give them away as presents.
15. We didn’t get a Christmas tree this year. We will get one next year, okay?
A: The car’s low on gas.
B: I will fill it up on my way to the store.
17. I’m hot. I think I will go swimming to cool off.
A: The plants need watering.
B: I will do it as soon as I’m done washing these dishes.
19. I will give you a call tomorrow, okay?
A: I have a taste for pretzels.
B: I will bake some.