Sunday, December 02, 2007

Adjectives: ~ed or ~ing? - Solution

1. According to the review in the newspaper, it’s a boring movie.

2. I have some exciting news – I got a promotion at work today!

3. Please turn off the TV – I’m not interested in that program.

4. Do you like that commercial? I find it rather annoying.

5. He gave me a puzzled look, and asked me to explain the problem again.

6. James was depressed because he didn’t get on the basketball team.

7. It’s disturbing that anyone would find humor in such a tragedy.

8. I was confused by the poorly-worded directions.

9. The frightened child cried when she watched “Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.”

10. You got a “D” on your math test? I am very disappointed in you!

11. The politician raised an interesting point regarding the accuracy of his opponent’s poll numbers.

12. I just heard some depressing news – my favorite band is breaking up.

13. A haunted house is too frightening for a small child like her.

14. The bored man fell asleep in the middle of the lecture.

15. The homework was so puzzling to me that I gave up and went to bed.

16. The excited child looked forward to the class trip to the zoo.

17. Sales were disappointing last month; let’s work harder this month to improve our bottom line.

18. The man was clearly annoyed at having to wait in line.

19. The publisher rejected Tom’s book because of its confusing plot.

20. Psychopaths are usually extremely disturbed individuals, and should be put in an institution to prevent them from hurting themselves or others.

No comments: