Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Grammar Basics: Unit 14 – Past Continuous vs. Simple Past (Solutions)

Exercises: Put the verb in the past continuous or simple past.

Example:
What (you / do) when the lights (go) out? (“go out” = lose electrical power) ==> What were you doing when the lights went out?
I (do) homework. ==> I was doing homework.

1. Who rang the doorbell? It was a girl scout. She was selling cookies.

2. What did you do yesterday? We painted the bedroom.

3. What were you doing last night? I was doing laundry.

4. Did Mary come to the party last Friday? No, she was studying for the test all evening.

5. When did you study for the test? I studied while I was riding the bus to school.

6. The phone rang while I was taking a bath.

7. It started to rain when we were taking a walk.

8. When Henry came home, he skipped supper and went to bed.

9. After Susan ate breakfast, she left for school.

10. The choir was singing when the photographer took the picture.

No comments: